SCHOOL YEAR (VARIATION) ACT
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
I. School year period for schools and colleges.
- Power of Minister to extend application of the provisions of this Act.
- Power of Minister to give directions.
- Short title.
An Act to stipulate the school year for all schools and colleges other than a higher
institution established by an enactment.
[1991 No. 27.1
[27th June, 1991]
- School year period for schools and colleges
(1) As from 1991, all schools and colleges shall begin the school year in the month of
September of each year and end in the month of June of the following year.
(2) The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to a higher educa-
tional institution established under any enactment or law.
- Power of Minister to extend application of the provisions of this Act
The Minister may, by an order published in the Gazette, extend the provisions of sec-
tion I of this Act to any institution of learning if he is of the opinion that it is necessary to
3. Power of Minister to give directions
The Minister may give such directions as he may in his discretion consider necessary
to any school or college, other than a university or other higher educational institution, to
enable full effect to be given to the provisions of section 1 of this Act.
In this Act, "the Minister" means the Minister charged with responsibility for matters
relating to education.
5. Short title
This Act may be cited as the School Year (Variation) Act.
No Subsidiary Legislation